Solar Powered Water Pump Systems for Livestock
If you have fresh water close to your livestock, these pumps are a real game changer. The system easily fits with all standard water troughs, so there is no need to train animals to change their habits.
The water pump kits are simple 12 volt pumping systems, based on proven water-pumping technology. Large volumes of water (up to 35 litres per hour) can be transferred, capable of supplying up to 90 cattle with all their water requirements, without any need to change batteries.
This system is very economical when compared to the cost of mains water and far more flexible than the traditional pasture pump.
There is no need for balancing tanks or header tanks, just your standard water trough. The pump is connected to 30m of hose which feeds back from the water source to the trough. The trough is fitted with a float switch which controls the submersible pump as the water level drops.The kit is powered by a 12v battery (minimum 75Ah) which sits in the Weatherproof Control Box Housing supplied.
This solar model includes a high efficiency 60w moncrystalline solar panel complete with a robust 5ft steel mounting stand. This panel will recharge your 12V battery during daylight hours.
Weatherproof Polypropylene Control Housing
60W Mono-crystalline Solar Panel with 5m Lead
Powder Coated Heavy Duty Stand
Submersible Pump with 30m Cable
30m Re-inforced Hose
Benefits of Fencing of Watercourses:
- River bank vegetation is re-established, helping to reduce erosion.
- Establishes a buffer strip between rivers and fields that intercepts soil run off.
- Reduces soil run-off to help keep important nutrients on the land, often reducing the need and cost of using fertiliser.
- Keeps livestock out of rivers which helps to reduce the spread of waterborne disease.
- Ensures clean fishing waters by separating livestock from watercourses.
- Failing to address soil erosion can affect single farm payments. Focus on water quality will increase under the new basic payment scheme.
- Provision of water supplies for livestock fenced out of watercourses can attract grant funding from a number of bodies in specific catchment areas.
Amount of water required for livestock
Approximate daily requirements. Supply based on 4hr run time per day @ 2m of head
There is an increasing requirement for land owners and managers to keep livestock away from watercourses. The European Water Framework Directive (WFD) has been establishing a framework for the protection of inland waters, transitional waters (estuaries), coastal waters and groundwater. This is covered in the UK by The Water Environment Regulations 2003 for England and Wales; the Water Environment and Water Services (Scotland) Act 2003 and The Water Environment Regulations 2003 for Northern Ireland. Diffuse water pollution from agriculture accounts for 61% of nitrogen entering rivers, up to 40% of phosphorus and 75% of sediment. Fencing off watercourses protects from river bank erosion and relieves poaching so contributes greatly to cleaner water and promotes growth of healthy native flora and fauna. We can all agree that this is great for our environment, but for land owners who rely on watercourses to water their livestock, it can be very problematic. Our battery and solar water pumps have been developed in response to this problem. We have been working with livestock farmers, Natural England and the Catchment Sensitive Farming initiative (CSF) to provide an easy, reliable and self sufficient way of providing water to livestock when watercourses are fenced off.
For More Information, click here