Electric Fencing Kit for Horses - on sale
28 March 2018 | Beth
Electric Fencing has been long established as a good way of keeping your horses safe. As the grass grows, the threat of Laminitis or just over-eating grows too. It can be very important to control your horses' grazing area.
Electric fencing allows you to easily change your grazing area. It does not hurt your horse, but a good shock teaches them to stay where you want them.
We have a number of electric fence kits geared towards horses. A simple strip grazing kit starts from just £99.99 and includes everything you need for a basic 100m double lined fence.
Equine Starter Kit: our most popular kit for horses. Only £126.00
This kit comes in green or white. It has:
- 20 x 3ft electric fence poly-posts. These posts have a metal spike that pushes into the ground. They can be easily moved as required. The standard kit has 3ft posts (suitable for most ponies and horses) or you can upgrade to 4ft posts for larger horses. The posts are made in Germany and are of excellent quality (mind the cheap import posts that get brittle when exposed to UV rays and have a weak spike).
- 1 x 200 metre roll of 20mm electric fence tape. This is good quality tape, made in the UK. It carries a good zap and has 4 conductors.
- 1 x Equistop B1 Energiser. This carries the pulse around your fence. It has a light to let you know it is working. It is light and easy to carry. It runs from a 9 volt battery. 9 volt batteries are not rechargeable and will need replacing every 3 - 9 months depending on the strength of battery you select. They will last longer if you turn the energiser off at night.
- 1 x 55Ah battery. This will last for approx. 3 months. You can upgrade to a 150Ah battery that will last for approx. 9 months. A replacement battery cost approx. £13.99
- 1 x gate handle to give you easy access to your paddock.
- 4 x insulators so you can tie your fence to a tree or posts, if desired (this is not necessary)
- 1 x warning sign. Electric fence won't hurt animals or humans, but they do give a nasty shock if you aren't expecting it!
To see all our horse kits click here
If you have any questions about electric fencing for horses, please don't hesitate to call. We are a family run business and we are always happy to help.
Electric Fencing Specialists