CP900 Fenceman Electric Fence Energiser - Constant Power Energiser
This is a very user friendly energiser, with a couple of key features that make it stand apart from other energisers.
- This energiser has a high and low power setting. While you are training animals to respect the fence, you can set it to the high setting to give them a good shock. Once they have learnt to respect the fence, and at night, you can lower the setting to preserve your battery life. This energiser has high and low power settings, along with night and day settings.
- This energiser has a back-up battery system. 4 x D-cell batteries come with the energiser and can power the unit while you charge up your 12 volt battery. The D-cell batteries are easily changed, when required. Good quality D cells will run the unit for 2-3 weeks with the output set to low power. In use this means you can have a 12v battery powering the fence. Every 3-4 weeks this must be recharged, as soon as you take the 12v battery away the back up system takes over so the fence is never off (unless you chose to switch it off, with the convenient on/off switch).
- You can also run this energiser form the mains (mains adaptor sold as an optional extra). If you run the energiser from the mains, and have the 12 volt battery attached as a back-up you will always have power. When the mains cuts out, the 12 volt battery kicks in. When the mains goes back on, it charges up your 12 volt battery. Constant power!
- There is a solar option, which uses a specially designed 20 watt solar panel that fits directly into the energiser to charge your 12 volt battery. No more lugging your battery inside!
High power / low power : Use the high power to establish the fence with new livestock - once they stop testing the fence switch to low power to conserve battery life. For longer fences it will be necessary to keep the unit on high power.
Day mode : Full power during the day had half power at night
Night mode : Full power during the night and half power during the day
Pulse rate: This alters the time between pulses from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds, which is useful to increase battery life
Three stage battery warning light: This gives a good indication of the state of charge of the main 12v battery and when this is disconnected the back up batteries are monitored.
Pulse light : This indicates the unit is functioning additionally this will double flash to indicate low fence voltage and therefore a possible fault on the fence.
On/Off Switch: Easily turn your energiser on and off with no nead to fiddle about with wirese
12v battery will power up to : 6 KM standard horse fence / 3 x 50m poultry net
Maximum voltage : 8500v
at 500 ohm 3200v
Output energy : High power 0.71J / Low power 0.34J
12v battery : High Power 40-58mA / Low power 28mA
Back up batteries : High Power 120mA / Low Power 54mA
Comes with :
Earth stake and handle
earth wire and live fence wire
4 x D cells
Optional: Mains Adaptor
Optional: Solar Panel
Consider Adding: If the full solar option is too much for your budget, a standard 10 watt solar panel can also charge your 12 volt battery. This is very easy to use, clips on top of your battery and will charge your battery for most of the year. During the darkest winter months, you may need to bring in your battery for a few extra boosts. Please note, you will still need a 12 Volt leisure battery with your both types of solar panel.
This energiser can also run from the Mains, if you add the Mains adaptor.
Review of the Fenceman CP900 energiser
- Fully featured 12v electric fencing energiser.
- This is a powerful 6v / 12v energiser that has a number of useful features.
- Input power 6v / 12v
- Internal back up batteries ( 4 x D Cells )
- Switchable high power - low power output, to help train animals and conserve battery life
- Fast rate or slow rate
- Day mode or night mode
- Built in earth stake and handle.
- 3yr warranty