Are Otters eating your fish? It can be a very expensive problem.
Electric Fencing is a great solution to help keep your fish safe from hungry otters. There are 2 main options:
1. Stock fencing, with steel mesh along the bottom (bent along the ground or pushed 6 inches into the ground to prevent digging) and wooden posts. You would then run two or three strands of electric fencing wire along the top. For this option the electric fencing components you require are:
- Energiser and earth stake (a mains energiser if possible, but if not a 12v energiser will do the trick)
- Superior 7 Stranded Steel Wire £49.98 for 400m
- Ring insulators (to hold the electrified wire off the wooden posts) : 150 rings £20.99
2. Poultry netting. This netting is very easy to install, but you must make sure you keep any vegetation and grass strimmed right down around the netting (or the electricity will run into the ground through the grass).
- Energiser and earth stake
- Electrified poultry nets: £99.99 for a 50m net.
If you have any questions or would like help designing your fencing solution, please don’t hesitate to give us a call: 01323 406212
Electric Fencing and Clipper Expert