Horse clippers are an investment – but it doesn’t stop with the clipper. Many people have almost the same amount invested in their blades, which is why it is a good idea to carefully consider which brand of clipper you want to use, and then stick with this brand so you can keep your blades even if you decide to upgrade or change your clipper.
Lister is known for having some of the best blades in the industry and the Lister Liberty, Lister Legend and Lister Star all take the main Lister blades – the Lister A2F (fine), Lister A2 (Medium) and the Covercote (leaves 5mm of hair and is unique to Lister), the Lister coarse blade and the Lister surgical blade, to name some of the most popular.
The Lister Laser 2 takes all of these blades, but needs the metal yoke (it is too powerful for the plastic yoke and may chew up the blade). Please note that the metal or plastic yokes can be used on the Star, Liberty and Legend.
As a thank you to our loyal customers, we try to keep the cost of the blades as low as possible and have the best prices in the business.
Lister A2F, Lister A2 and the coarse blades are only £35.99 (with plastic yoke).
The Covercote blades is only £47.99
If you have any questions about which blade is right for you, please don;’t heistate to give us a call. We are always happy to help.
Here are a few top tips:
– the A2 (medium) blade is usually best for beginners as it is forgiving and doesn’t leave as many lines as the fine blade
– Lister clippers come withthe A2F fine blade as standard – although we are happy to change this for you if you call/email and ask.
– Lister Laser 2 requires metal yokes, but the other clippers can use plastic or metal yokes
– The Covercote blade is very hard to keep in stock at the start of clipping season/horse show season. Please order early! So far, Lister is the only brand that offers the 5mm blade.
– It is best to have at least 2 sets of blades, so if one set suddenly goes blunt (all it takes is a few grains of sand or a bit of gravel) you are not stuck with a half clipped horse.
Clipper and Electric Fencing Specialist