We recently had somebody ask us to help them decide between a Liveryman Black Beauty and a Lister Legend horse clipper. This is quite an unusual question, because the clippers are quite different! Here is an overview of each clipper. All the specs are available on our website, or please don’t hesitate to give us a call: 01323 406212
– Proven over a long period of time
– Very reliable, made in the UK from the only clipper brand with the Royal Warrant
– Powerful enough for all horse coats and for multiple horses. The second most powerful clipper produced by Lister (only the Laser 2 is more powerful).
– It fits all the main Lister blades, include the Covercote (leaving 5mm hair) which is not available with other brands
– 1 year warranty
– It only comes as a Mains clipper – no battery option
– You need to have medium size hands or larger to comfortably manage a full clip. It’s not overly heavy or large, but it is noticeably larger than The Black Beauty and the Lister Star.
– Cost ONLY £279.99 (FarmCare price – you won’t find a better deal!)
Liveryman Black Beauty:
– Ergonomic, light and comfortable to use
– Available as a Mains, or the ‘Corldess’ option comes with a battery and a mains lead
– 2 year warranty
– The new red lithium battery (don’t get the old black one!) has a great clipping time and will easily last a whole clip and more. However, the life of this battery is, as yet, unproven. However it does have a 2 year warranty.
– Powerful enough for all horse coats
– Cost ONLY £309.99 (FarmCare price – you won’t find a better deal!)
So, which would I choose? If it was just for one to three horses and I was clipping myself (I have small hands) I’d opt for the Black Beauty. However, if I was going to loan my clipper to friends, or if I was clipping a lot or on a particularly hairy horse, I would definitely opt for the Lister Legend!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are happy to help you select the right clipper based on your horse, your hand size, your budget and your needs!
Clipper and Electric Fencing Specialist