Waiting for a foal is an exciting time and you don’t want to miss the moment! Knowing when your mare is in labour also ensures you can call the vet and go to assist the birth, making it safer for mother and foal.
Birth alarms have come a long way in the past decade. The Foal Birth Alarm Lite is one of the most popular on the market – perhaps because it is non invasive and highly reliable. You don’t need a vet to install it, you simply attach it to a halter or an anti-roll girth (not provided with the alarm). The alarm detects when your mare is about to give birth by her movement (unique to a mare in labour) and using a mobile GSM signal it alerts 2 phones via SMS or by calling them. It’s that simple!
The entry level model (and by far the most popular alarm) is the Birth Alarm Lite. This alarm alerts up to 2 phones, and does NOT have a sleep setting. It can be used both indoors and out – anywhere you can get a mobile phone signal (no wifi required). The alarm can be attached to the mare’s back on an anti roll girth (not included) or to the halter. Most people attach the alarm to the halter.
The premium version of the alarm can alert up to 4 phones, and also has a ‘sleep mode’ that detects when the horse is sleeping.
The Birth Alarm Lite costs £379.99
The Birth Alarm Premium costs £858.00
Due to popular demand, we now also rent the Birth Alarm Lite:
- £50 rental charge per week, up to a maximum of £200 (so if you need if for 2 months, you will only be charged £200). Rental period goes from the day you receive the alarm, to the day we receive the alarm back.
- £7.99 shipping and you are responsible for return shipping.
- Must be returned to us within 2 months, or you will own the alarm!
- Must be returned in good, clean working order. If the alarm is not cleaned there will be a cleaning fee of £30.
- There is a £379.99 deposit. Rental fee will be taken from £379.99 deposit. Funds will be returned to your account within 5 working days of receiving the alarm back in good working order.
Set up of the Foal Birth Alarm is incredibly easy.
If you have any questions about the Foal Birth Alarm, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We are a family run business and we are always happy to help.